Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is an approach to communication, personal development, and psychotherapy.
What is it?
It is a method of influencing brain behaviour (the "neuro" part of the phrase) through the use of language (the "linguistic" part) and other types of communication to enable a person to change the way the brain responds to stimuli (that's the "programming") and manifest new and better behaviours.
A connection between the neurological processes (neuro-), language (linguistic) and behavioural patterns learned through experience (programming), and these can be changed to achieve specific goals in life.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming is a highly effective therapy that changes patterns of emotional and mental behaviour in order to enable you to achieve more success in whatever you do and enjoy a happier personal life. By using NLP coaching to educate yourself in effective communication and self-awareness you can learn new behaviours and adapt them in order to create the outcomes you choose.
Using Neuro-Linguistic Programming you can change habits and behaviours in yourself and others. It allows you to become a more effective negotiator and achieve more in your life.
How does NLP work?
Programming - relates to our repeated or persistent thinking patterns or habits we currently have. (We can re-programme our thinking patterns). NLP is used to change and improve your thinking patterns so that your life outcomes are better.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming often incorporates being put in a type of relaxed hypnotic state to help achieve the change (or "programming") that is wanted.
When you first contact my services, we will discuss over the phone, Skype or by email what you would like to achieve from NLP. If after this you would like to be assessed for NLP, we will agree a time and location for your initial assessment.
The initial assessment session is an assessment that will take thirty minutes. This time is spent talking through in more detail what you hope to achieve from NLP. I will take information to help me understand your circumstances or specific situation and we will think through how we can best work together. Following this, if you feel we can work together, we will then agree to meet on a regular basis with booked appointments.
NLP sessions are 60 minutes long and ideally should take place at the same time and same day each week. I recommend that if, at the end of your first session, you decide to continue with regular NLP, you will be offered 3 initial sessions, after that you and I will review the situation, but you can opt to finish NLP at any time.
What can NLP do for you?
NLP can be used to make various changes, some that have seen very good results are:
- Gain control of your life.
- Get motivated and stay motivated.
- Identify clear outcomes in all areas of your life.
- Make your goals come true.
- Eliminate limiting beliefs and decisions.
- Release unwanted emotions and behaviors from the past.
- Eliminate stress.
- Access healing states.
- Model health and healing.
- Eliminate anxieties and phobias.
- Create and maintain your ideal weight.
- Think more clearly.
- Communicate more effectively with others.
- Manage your thoughts, moods and behaviours more effectively.
- Do whatever you already do reasonably well, even better.
- Acquire skills and attitudes to do what you cannot do right now, but would like to be able to do.
My Commitment to You will be:
- To listen to you, accept you for who you are and be honest with you.
- View the NLP session as your space and allow you to choose whatever you want to discuss.
- I will never tell you what you should and shouldn’t be doing or judge you.
- I will not have all the answers to your problems but believe that with my support you can find your own solutions to whatever is troubling you.
- Everything discussed will be totally 100% confidential.
Costs involved in Counselling:
- Initial 30 Minute Assessment is £25
- 60 Minute NLP Sessions are £50
I am the founder of Caroline Bronte the Counselling, Coaching and Therapy Company. I have worked as a successful counsellor, life coach and therapist for the last 20 +years and utilise various therapies to enhance my work.