Colour Therapy is a complementary therapy for which there is evidence dating back thousands of years to the ancient cultures of Egypt, Greece, China and India. This is an alternative therapy which involves enhancing your awareness of the power of colour and the effect it has on your mood, emotions and even performance. You can learn how to use colour to begin to make positive changes in your life. Colour Therapy can be used as an asset that influences healing your physical, emotional and mental turmoil.
Colour is an aspect of everything from the moment we are born until the moment of death, as we are surrounded by it in varying forms. For example we eat, drink, wear, see, touch, feel and taste colour. Colour energy is within us, colour energy is outside of us and we all have colour energy around us.
Colour Therapy is a totally holistic and non-invasive therapy and, really, colour should be a part of our everyday life, not just something we experience for an hour or two with a therapist. Colour is all around us everywhere. This wonderful planet does not contain all the beautiful colours of the rainbow for no reason. Nothing on this earth is here just by chance; everything in nature is here for a purpose. Colour is no exception.
Colour Therapy involves tapping into this energy. Colour is absorbed by the eyes, mouth, skin, skull or our ‘magnetic energy field’ or aura and this energy of colour affects us on all levels, that is to say, physical, spiritual and emotional. Every cell in the body needs light energy - thus colour energy has widespread effects on the whole body.
How will it help you?
Colour therapy will help you to heighten your awareness of the energy of colour and how it can transform your life. A professional therapist will help you to do this as the capacity for health and wellbeing is within us all.
You will have sessions that focus on what colour therapy can do for you, what you would like to achieve or improve and we will look at:
- The colours you like and highlight the positive & negative traits of the chosen colours.
- The colours you choose to wear and what that says about you.
- The colours you like to eat and what ones you could try to aid and sustain better health.
- The colours you like to be surrounded by and how they make you feel.
- What areas of your life that you feel need to be calmed, healed or balanced and how you can do that.
- The use of colour for relaxation.
- Plan a way forward to bring about change that supports your health and well-being all with the use of colour.
Colour therapy is safe to use alone or alongside any other therapy whether orthodox medicine or another complementary therapy and is safe and helpful for adults, children and animals too.
Please be aware that no complementary therapy should be considered as an alternative to professional medical advice where necessary and no properly qualified complementary therapist would suggest that, neither would they suggest that you stop taking your medication etc. If you are taking medication you should consult the prescribing professional before you stop taking it.
How does Colour Therapy work & how many sessions would I need?
This would depend on how many areas of your life you want to change. When you first contact my services, we will discuss over the phone, Skype or by email what you would like to achieve from colour therapy. If after this you would like to be assessed for colour therapy, we will agree a time and location for your initial assessment.
The initial assessment session is an assessment that will take 30 minutes. This time is spent talking through in more detail what you hope to achieve from colour therapy. I will take information to help me understand your circumstances or specific situation and we will think through how we can best work together. Following this, if you feel we can work together, we will then agree to meet on a regular basis with booked appointments.
Colour Therapy sessions are 60 minutes long and ideally should take place at the same time and same day each week. I recommend that if, at the end of your first session, you decide to continue with a few sessions, you will be offered 3 initial sessions, after that you and I will review the situation, but you can opt to finish colour therapy at any time.
My Commitment to You will be:
- To listen to you, accept you for who you are and be honest with you.
- View the colour therapy session as your space and allow you to choose whatever you want to discuss. I will never tell you what you should and shouldn’t be doing or judge you.
- I will not have all the answers to your problems but believe that with my support you can utilise colour therapy to benefit whatever is troubling you.
- Everything discussed will be totally 100% confidential.
Costs involved in Colour Therapy:
- 60 Minute Colour Therapy Sessions are £50
I am the founder of Caroline Bronte the Counselling, Coaching and Therapy Company. I have worked as a successful counsellor, life coach and therapist for the last 20 +years and utilise various therapies to enhance my work.